Monday, September 18, 2006

Last Day of Radiation... Let's Celebrate

I finally made it to the last day of radiation... YAY! I'll miss gabbing with the tech's every day, but I am SO glad to be done. My next MRI is scheduled for October 11, then I see the neuro oncologist (Ali Choucair) in Salt Lake on October 25 (Madelyn's 4th birthday) and I see the radiation oncologist (T.J Blair) for a follow-up appointment that morning before we head to Salt Lake. I was always told how healthy I was and never would have thought that I would get brain cancer! My Grandpa Fisk died from an un-diagnosed glioblastoma almost 4 years ago. Glioblastoma's are the deadliest brain tumor. I never knew until just days before my surgery and I always thought he died from a heart attack. Nobody knows what causes brain tumors- I may have inherited it from my grandpa, but then again, I may have gotten it from not eating healthy enough? Now I tell my kids that eating junk food causes brain cancer. I know, I'm evil! :)

2 comments:

BlondeBrony said...

I hope October 11th goes well. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Evil or not let's see if it works :)

Colleen said...

woo hoo!!!!